This year’s list of nominees for the 44th annual Daytime Emmy Awards are out, and 23 TV shows with current licensing programs have a strong showing—snagging one-forth of nominations overall. The winners in top categories will receive their awards on April 30 from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Here are the highlights:
- DreamWorks leads with 18 nominations in total for All Hail King Julien, Dinotrux, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show, and Trollhunters.
- Sinking Ship Entertainment‘s Dino Dan: Trek’s Adventures and Odd Squad (in partnership with the Fred Rogers Co.) have a combined total of 16 nominations.
- Sesame Workshop‘s mainstay TV series, Sesame Street, earns 10 nominations for its HBO run. The entertainment brand boasted over $510 million in retail sales in the U.S./Canada in 2015—and almost $800 million worldwide.
- Disney snags eight nominations with Milo Murphy’s Law, Sofia the First, and Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures. The overall Star Wars program boasted over $1.3 billion in retail sales in the U.S./Canada in 2015—and over $2.8 billion worldwide. Meanwhile, Sofia the First earned over $160 million domestically and $240 million worldwide in 2015.
- Silvergate Media‘s Peter Rabbit and the Octonauts have been nominated for five awards in various preschool and animation categories.
- Centa IP‘s Beat Bugs counts five nominations.
- Nickelodeon‘s Bubble Guppies and its new series Mutt & Stuff snag two nominations each.
- Peg+Cat, from the Fred Rogers Co., counts three nominations.
- Warner Bros. The Tom & Jerry Show has two nominations in music and performance. The licensor’s Looney Tunes entertainment brand earned over $210 million in U.S./Canada in 2015 and almost $640 million worldwide.
- Hasbro is nominated for best song from its My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree TV special.
- For the adults, FremantleMedia leads with six nominations for Family Feud and Let’s Make a Deal. Sony Pictures meanwhile, counts five for Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune.
|Odd Squad||Sinking Ship Entertainment/Fred Rogers Co.||14|
|Sesame Street||Sesame Workshop||10|
|Beat Bugs||Centa IP||5|
|All Hail King Julien||DreamWorks||4|
|Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures||Disney||4|
|Let’s Make a Deal||FremantleMedia||3|
|Peg+Cat||Fred Rogers Co.||3|
|Peter Rabbit||Silvergate Media||3|
|The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show||DreamWorks||3|
|Dino Dan: Trek’s Adventures||Sinking Ship Entertainment||2|
|Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness||DreamWorks||2|
|Milo Murphy’s Law||Disney||2|
|Mutt & Stuff||Nickelodeon||2|
|Sofia the First||Disney||2|
|Wheel of Fortune||Sony Pictures||2|
See the complete list here.