Start Your FREE Membership NOW
 Get Immediate Access to Licensing Articles & Special Features
 Receive Our Weekly eNewsletters, The Deal Sheet,
   The Licensing Advisor and Weekly Wrap Up
 Absolutely NO Risk or Obligation on Your Part -- It's FREE!



Upgrade to Premium Membership NOW for Just $47!
Get 3 Months of Full Premium Membership Access
Includes Our Monthly Newsletter, Licensing News, Deals, and Contacts
And MUCH MORE!
Business

M&A: Fashion, Toys & Other Business

Contact the Editor at karina@plainlanguagemedia.com.

As Levi Strauss prepares to open its largest store in the world in the form of a new Times Square flagship, it is also gearing up for an IPO that would value the company at up to $5 billion. The 145 year-old jeans manufacturer had gone public once before, in 1971, and is now privately held by the descendants of the family of Levi Strauss who took the company private in a $1.7 billion leveraged buyout in 1984. This time, Levi’s is looking to raise between $600–800 million in Q1 2019. Levi’s designs and sells apparel under the Levi’s, Dockers, and Denizen brands. The company operates about 2,900 retail stores and its products are sold in about 50,000 retail locations across 110 countries.

Moose Toys purchases all assets of U.K.-based Worlds Apart, including the Scruff-a-Luvs, Ready Beds, and Kid Active toy brands.

Authentic Brands Group (ABG) completes its purchase of a majority stake in the IP of the Camuto Group’s proprietary brands—including Vince Camuto, Louise et Cie, Sole Society, CC Corso Como, Enzo Angiolini—in partnership with DSW. With a 60% stake, ABG assumes the marketing, business development, and licensing functions of the footwear and accessories brands. DSW takes on the remaining 40% and the Camuto Group operation including its renowned design, sourcing, production, and wholesale infrastructure. Including its recent brand acquisitions from Heritage Home Group, Nautica, Nine West, Bandolino, and Vision Street Wear (in partnership with Shanghai Fanking), ABG’s global brand portfolio is now worth $8.7 billion in annual retail sales.

Seprately, ABG launches Thalia Sodi, an all-new women’s apparel collection for the Mexican market at 50 Promoda locations, set to expand to 150 by the end of 2019. The ready-to-wear collection is inspired by the Latin singer, songwriter, actress, fashion designer, and entrepreneur of the same name.

Goliath acquires Vivid Toy Group from Privet Capital for an undisclosed sum. With the addition of the European toyco, its brands now include Pressman Toy, JAX, Tucker Toys (U.S.), Crown & Andrews and Britz ‘n Pieces/Wahu (Australia), Modelco (France), and Elephanta (New Zealand)—making Goliath the second-largest game company in France and third-largest in the U.S.

Perry Ellis Intl. is successfully taken private in a $437 million transaction by a George Feldenkreis-controlled entity.

French private equity fund PAI Partners has completed its acquisition of global tabletop game powerhouse Asmodee Group from Eurazeo.

BSN Sports, a division of Varsity Brands, finalizes its acquisition of Mountain Mesa Sports, Inc. dba B&H; Sports.

Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment acquires the assets of Truli.com, a global family-friendly and faith-based online video channel. The acquisition includes 2,500 hours of programming and brings CSS Entertainment an additional 630,000 Facebook fans.

Cheddar acquires Viacom’s RateMyProfessor. Cheddar had already picked up Viacom distribution platform  MTV Networks on Campus.

CLOSE TO VIEW ARTICLE x

You have 3 articles left to view this month.

Your 3 Free Articles Per Month Goes Very Quickly!
Get a 3 month Premium Membership to
The Licensing Letter for just $47!

Sign up now and get unlimited access to all articles, archives, and tools for The Licensing Letter!

Close

EMAIL ADDRESS


PASSWORD
EMAIL ADDRESS

FIRST NAME

LAST NAME

TITLE

COMPANY

CITY / STATE

Try Premium Membership

(-000tll)
()