WildBrain CPLG has signed a virtual tsunami of licensing deals globally for Yale and Harvard universities.
For Yale University, which WildBrain CPLG represents in EMEA, Russia, Australia and North America, a deal has been signed with Australian retailer Cotton On for a Spring/Summer 2021 range of adult and kids’ apparel, accessories, stationery, wall art and homewares, now available in 880 stores globally across Cotton On and Typo.
Additionally, new European partners include:
- Stationery Team for stationery and bags for Benelux, Spain, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France and Poland;
- Carbotex for home textiles for Europe (excl. UK, Ireland, Germany and Nordics) and apparel and accessories in Central & Eastern Europe (CEE);
- Sahinler for kids and adult apparel and accessories in France;
- MLP for kids and adult apparel and accessories for select territories within EMEA;
- Creaciones Jugavi for toiletry bags in Spain and Portugal.
- In North America, The Forecast Agency is launching a Yale University apparel range into specialty fashion stores this summer.
Additionally, Sun CE is on board for Yale apparel, accessories and footwear in the Middle East, and WildBrain CPLG is continuing its existing deal with apparel licensee Park Agencies in the UK and Ireland and also with global fashion retailer H&M.
For Harvard University, which WildBrain CPLG represents in EMEA and Russia, new European licensees include:
- Stone Kids and the high-end fashion brand Cyrillus for kids and women’s apparel and accessories, launching in France for Autumn/Winter 2021;
- Aytex for apparel and accessories launching into multiple European territories; Carbotex for apparel and accessories in CEE, plus homewares in CEE, France, Italy and Benelux;
- SkyBrands for kids and adult apparel, accessories and home textiles for the Nordic market.
In the Middle East, WildBrain CPLG has signed Fan Mania for apparel, accessories, bags and footwear, alongside direct-to-retail deals with Max Fashion for apparel, accessories, bags, stationery and footwear to launch for back-to-school 2021, and also with fashion retailer RIVA for a collection targeted at women and girls for Autumn/Winter 2021.
Wildbrain has also signed up several licensing agreements that cover both Yale and Harvard universities. These include:
- Contrast launching apparel, accessories, home textiles and bags for the Nordics;
- Brand Design is signing up for apparel and accessories across Belgium, Netherlands, Poland and the Nordics;
- J. Brand International is on board for apparel and accessories for Italy, Ulupinar Teksil is on board for adult apparel and accessories in Turkey and Cyprus with product available at Mavi, DeFacto and LC Waikiki;
- and for the UK and Ireland, Brand International Group is on board for kids and adults footwear and accessories, alongside Brand Alliance for apparel, loungewear, nightwear, swimwear and print-on-demand apparel and accessories.
WildBrain CPLG has also signed deals for fashion retailers Pull & Bear, Zara, Lefties, Stradivarius and Mango.
“It’s a privilege to continue representing the iconic and prestigious Yale and Harvard university brands as part of our expanding Lifestyle portfolio,” said Victoria Whellans, Groups Brands Director, Lifestyle at WildBrain CPLG. “With the trend for products inspired by varsity and US institutions really proving its longevity, which we expect to continue well into 2022 and beyond, there’s significant demand for Yale and Harvard across the globe, as demonstrated by this extensive and distinctive line-up of new licensees and retailers.”
Yale is a historic institution and houses 14 residential colleges, each with its own shield, motto, cheer and mascot. The university is also famous for its athletic facilities, which includes the Yale Golf Course, built in 1926, the 61,000-seat Yale Bowl (American Football), as well as one of the largest gymnasiums in the world.
It also houses the second largest university library in the world. Many notable alumni have graduated from Yale, including five US presidents, 19 US Supreme court justices, and 500 members of the US Congress.
Established in 1636, Harvard University is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States. Based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world and is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning and research and to developing global leaders in many disciplines.