By Gary Symons
TLL Editor in Chief
If you’re following up on your work at this year’s Licensing Expo, then the newly released Lightning Report could be a valuable tool
Brand Central Insights and The Licensing Letter have just released the latest edition of the Lightning Report, focusing on the best opportunities coming out of the show.
“One thing is clear from Expo 2023; segments of the licensing market are hot right now,” said TLL Editor in Chief Gary Symons. “But if you’re going to invest your licensing dollars into these rapidly moving markets, it is absolutely critical to have a clear picture of what’s happening right now.
“That’s exactly why TLL and Brand Central joined forces to create the Lightning Reports.”
Lightning Reports are based upon the latest market research and data analysis by Brand Central and The Licensing Letter. Lightning Reports provide a short, punchy introduction to the hottest trends in various sectors of the licensing industry, with actionable insights and links to related market analysis.
The Licensing Expo 2023 Recap Report gives readers a clear, current analysis of the most important trends that came out of Licensing Expo 2023, including who’s making licensing news; what’s working; what trends or sectors are emerging; where the money is; and what companies and products are ready to break out in the coming months.
This inaugural edition of the Licensing Expo 2023 Recap Report includes:
- HOT TREND: FASHION: Arguably the hottest trend at Expo 2023 and maybe in licensing right now … kids brands to lifestyle brands … major manufacturers to independents … better still, the market is booming with tons of sub trends from coastal cowgirl to nostalgia.
- HOT TREND: ANIME: Anime appears to have more representation at Expo 2023 than any previous year with a growing appeal to all ages and all demographics. Anime-style graphics are also red hot this year.
- HOT TREND: COLLEGIATE BRANDS Colleges and universities are clearly one of the breakout trends of 2023, growing in both the US and internationally. Top sports teams and Ivy League schools are seeing the most movement, an important trend with college athletes now able to profit from Name, Image and Likeness deals, and this new sector is really just getting started!
- HOT TREND: CLASSIC GAMES: Classic games were a big hit at Expo 2023 and the trend seems to be growing. Will licensors adapt to the new market of “kidults”? What “nostalgia” game products are hot, and what’s driving the hot new demand for Dungeons & Dragons, Crayola, and other classic products and brands?
- HOT TREND: KIDS TOYS & PROPERTIES: Easily one of the hottest trends at the show, kid’s brands are now rapidly expanding into toys, digital content and lifestyle products. There’s an explosion of innovation in this category, and we provide a look at some of the hottest products right now.
- HOT TREND: FOOD & BEVERAGE LICENSING BONANZA: From grocery store brands to QSRs to ghost kitchens, food licensing was everywhere at Licensing Expo. It’s one of the biggest categories, and it continues to grow fast. Find out why so many new and innovative food products are pouring into the market now!
The Lightning Report also takes a look at many other licensing trends at Expo 2023, including the growing nostalgia for 2000s brands, the explosion in licensing video games and accessories, the growing market for plushies, the rapid emergence of maximalist brands, and the surprising growth of an all-new market for vending machine products.
In just a few minutes you get a valuable, accurate overview what’s happening in licensing … where it’s growing … and where the hot licensing opportunities can be found RIGHT NOW … gathered from our reporters at Licensing Expo 2023, and the latest research and customer intelligence complied by Brand Central and The Licensing Letter.