Jazware’s Squishmallows plush line has hit an impressive milestone with 100 million units sold, triggering several new licensing partnerships.
Jazwares and its Kellytoy subsidiary are now teaming up with several “best-in-class licensees” in a bit to make Squishmallows one of the fastest growing global lifestyle brands for fans, families, and collectors around the world. Squishmallows is represented by Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
“As the Squishmallows brand evolves, we’re focusing on impactful category collaborations that entertain and delight our millions of fans in authentic, meaningful ways,” said Judd Karofsky, Executive Vice President, Jazwares. “Our licensing partners are embracing the Squishmallows brand DNA and we can’t wait to launch unique new merchandise to a wide range of retailers and consumers this year and beyond.”
Each Squishmallows plush has a unique name and backstory that brings its personality to life. Squishmallows are sold at thousands of retail outlets across the the United States, including independent and specialty stores, amusement parks, and national chains such as Target, Five Below, Walgreens, Walmart, Learning Express, Cracker Barrel, CVS, Costco, Justice, and Hallmark.
This week Jazwares released information on its new partnerships with Bioworld, Big Mouth, BBC International, Franco Mfg., Fashion Angels Enterprises, Parkside Collectibles, and Primary Colors. The collaborations include a wide range of licensing categories, from apparel to stationery.
The full list of agreements is below.
- Bioworld, a pop culture industry leader with a team of experts delivering lifestyle collections to fans globally across apparel, loungewear, headwear, bags, socks, collectible accessories and more. In 2022 Bioworld will offer a full suite of Squishmallows branded merchandise.
- BigMouth, a designer and manufacturer of fun, outrageous lifestyle products, will make Squishmallows branded pool floats, cooler bags, beach chairs, and pop-up tents. “BigMouth continues to push boundaries in the toy and gift industry by creating products that leave an impression, cracks a smile on your face or looks too fun not to use or share with others,” said Jazwares in a statement.
- BBC International is a global design, development and sourcing footwear company currently offering a full line of Squishmallows branded footwear.
- Franco Mfg. will develop Squishmallows bedding and accessories including throws as well as beach and bath blankets.
- Fashion Angels Enterprises will offer students and teachers exciting new Squishmallows fashion stationery and back to school accessories.
- In partnership with Parkside Collectibles (OEM), Jazwares has launched a new line of Squishmallows inspired trading cards with Series 1 scheduled to arrive in the U.S. market this year. The cards feature Squishmallows favorites in a full range of artistic treatments with more than 650 cards to collect.
- Primary Colors, a premier producer of cookies, candy, and snacks, is partnering with Jazwares to bring fun and innovative Squishmallows gummy and candy products to retail stores nationwide.
Jazwares credits a lot of its success with the cuddly, collectible Squishmallows to a strong global social media program that has cultivated a strong following online. Organic Squishmallows content has generated nearly 5 billion video views on TikTok, and @squishmallows (and related hashtags) have been tagged in more than one million Instagram posts. The Squishmallows social media channels have ballooned to more than 700,000 followers and nearly 100 global and local Facebook groups have been created by fans.
More than 1,000 Squishmallows ranging from two to 24-inches in size have gained the attention of bona fide Squishmallows fans in more than 40 countries, and while most of the sales have occurred over the past two years, Squishmallows sold an average of 25 million units a year since launch.
The Squishmallows line was launched only four years ago in 2017, with only eight characters. Today the line features more than 1,000 original characters, each with a unique name and biography, and more than 12 sizes ranging from two to 24 inches. The range is produced by Jazwares subsidiary Kellytoy, which manufactures a portfolio of award-winning everyday and seasonal plush products.
Related News You May Have Missed